Life Seasoned Weight Loss Soup is sunshine in a bowl!
This is not your standard vegetable soup! Several special ingredients along with fresh, beautiful vegetables create a brilliantly satisfying flavor. It is a delicious response when we realize our eating habits need improvement. We all occasionally overindulge, and sometimes bad eating habits become our norm. Let’s make the next best decision by responding with positive action. Simple changes can make all the difference.
Life Seasoned Weight Loss Soup is almost effortless to prepare. Not only is it tasty, filling, and simple, but it is also perfect for batch cooking; it freezes well and is filled with fiber and nutritious whole or minimally processed ingredients. It is a pure plant-based meal.
This soup is a perfect meal for my weight loss because:
The calories per serving of Life Seasoned Weight Loss Soup are minimal due to the low-calorie vegetables. It is light yet filling due to the fiber content of the fresh vegetables and beans. All vegetables have some protein, but the beans add another good boost of protein to this soup which add to the feeling of satiety. This is also a wonderfully versatile recipe. Add additional vegetables or remove one that doesn’t appeal. I always remember to finish with freshly squeezed lemon. Freshly squeezed lemon beautifully elevates this soup adding an extra freshness that I know you’ll appreciate too.
As I noted in the recipe card, to reduce the sodium, I simply choose low sodium V-8, low sodium canned tomatoes, and low sodium beans. If I choose to prepare a low sodium version, I add more lemon juice to taste. Lemon not only adds a bright refreshing flavor, but it is also an excellent sodium replacement.
Life Seasoned Weight Loss Soup is the perfect solution for me during the holidays.
The holidays are a difficult time for everyone who is conscious of their eating habits. Preparing and having this soup within reach is a helpful solution to avoid indulging in all of the tempting holiday food. It is the perfect satisfying meal when I’m hungry, giving me time to prepare the next healthy dish or perfectly filling before attending a gathering.
Additional changes I make to aid my weight loss:
I make several additional adjustments to my diet for perhaps three days, five days maximum, to support my weight loss goal. These temporary changes also assist me in overcoming unhealthy cravings:
*Prepare and eat fat-free hummus to eat with fresh veggies.
*Prepare and eat freshly baked or mashed potatoes or air fried potato wedges. Potatoes are filling!
*Avoid pasta, bread, rice, added fat, and processed sugar.
*And, because I am already plant-based, I do not eat meat or dairy.
Other recipes you may like:
You may also like Plant Based Italian Chili or Plant Based Minestrone. I forgo the pasta in the minestrone if my focus is weight loss. Both soups are delicious and satisfying meals.
Try the Vanilla Banana Sorbet With Cherry Basil Balsamic Reduction for the perfect guilt-free, luscious dessert. This is very simple yet elegant, and easy to prepare. I think you’ll love it!
**This is not to be construed as medical advice. Always refer to your doctor before changing your diet or embarking on a weight loss journey. **
- 1 Cabbage 1 Small Head, Green
- 2 Cups Celery About 10 cleaned stalks, ends trimmed. Medium Dice.
- 2 Cups Carrots About 5 medium peeled carrots with ends trimed. Medium Dice.
- 1 Onion Small Yellow, Medium Dice
- 2 Cups Garbanzo Beans Cooked, Legumes of your choice.
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3 Bay Leaves Whole, dried
- 1 tbsp Marjoram Dried Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Thyme Dried Leaves
- 8 Cups V-8 Vegetable Juice 64 fluid oz. We add the spicy version. Use Low Sodium V-8 if you would like to reduce the overall sodium of this soup
- 15 oz Tomatoes Canned, Diced
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers 2 or more. I use 5. Peppers are optional. Remove seeds and ribs to reduce heat. Dice small.
- 2 Lemons 1-2 teaspoons of fresh squeezed lemon per serving.
Prepare Fresh Vegetables
- Remove about ten stalks of celery from the plant. Trim both ends of each stalk. Rinse to clean. Cut Lengthwise into two or three (if the celery is wide) strips. Dice into med size pieces.
- Peel carrots and trim both ends. Cut into strips and dice into medium size pieces.
- Peel one small yellow onion. Dice into small pieces.
- Remove garlic cloves from the bulb. Peel and mince each clove.
- Add these ingredients to a 6 Quart Stockpot. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- If you are adding jalapeno peppers, cut them in half and remove the ribs and seeds if you prefer a mild flavor. Then cut into strips and dice. Add to stockpot with vegetables.
- Chop cabbage into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the canned diced tomatoes, the V-8 juice, bay leaves, marjoram, thyme, and chopped cabbage to the stockpot. Stir to incorporate.
- Bring to a rapid simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce to simmer and continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes, occasionally stirring until vegetables are cooked. I prefer al dente or firm to bite. Remove Bay leaves before serving.
- Add 1 -2 teaspoons of fresh-squeezed lemon juice or several thin lemon slices to each bowl before serving. The fresh lemon creates extra delicious soup! Don't forget this step!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Life Seasoned on Facebook,
lifeseasoned_plant_based on Instagram,
and the Life Seasoned Plant Based board on Pinterest.
Stay healthy! Enjoy your day!