Mangos have arrived, and the greens are growing in my garden. Mango, Beans and Greens is such a simple sweet and savory salad. Quick to prepare, and a feast for the taste buds. A little balsamic, a few spices, and poof! It’s ready to eat!
One of my favorite greens is tatsoi and I happen to have enough in my garden to use in the Mango, Greens and Beans Salad today. Tatsoi is a small spoon-shaped green with a mild mustard flavor. Tatsoi is nutrient-dense in a beautiful but small package. Substitute your favorite greens, I also use arugula, if tatsoi is not available. If you would like to grow tatsoi, you can purchase seeds (Here). They also offer tatsoi microgreens seeds (Here). I like to have super nutritious microgreens growing outside or in my window constantly. I hope you try it!
- 1 Mango Peeled, fruit cut from the seed and diced.
- 1 Handful Tatsoi or Arugula Or greens of your choice, cleaned and dry.
- 1/4 Cup Garbanzo Beans Prepared. I used garbanzo and cranberry beans.
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar No color or sugar added.
- 1/4 tsp Mexican Oregano Dried
- Pepper To taste.
- Add the Mexican oregano to the balsamic vinegar to reconstitute the oregano. Set aside.
- Lay the handful of Tatsoi or Arugula down. Top with garbanzo beans. Add the diced mango to the top.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar with Mexican oregano on your salad. Add pepper to taste.
*Nutritional values are estimates.
The Plant Based Peach, Tomato, Herb and Microgreen Salad is another beautiful sweet and savory salad. I hope you try it!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow Life Seasoned on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Enjoy your day! Cheers to you!
One thought on “Mango, Greens and Beans Salad”