As a family, we love to batch cook a variety of dishes in large quantities to share and freeze portions for another day. It’s a wonderful memory making, chaotic day filled with laughter. We gather together at the end of the day to taste, critique, and enjoy animated conversation. Today we prepared three soups. Squash is in abundance now in the midst of fall, so Plant Based Butternut Squash Soup was on our list.
Plant Based Butternut Squash soup requires few ingredients and takes minimal effort to prepare. Butternut squash itself is rich in vitamins A and C and includes folate and essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. Pumpkin seeds added before serving compound Plant-Based Butternut Squash Soup’s beneficial impact. They are an excellent source of zinc, protein, along with additional essential nutrients.
- 3 lbs. Butternut Squash Washed, quartered lengthwise and seeded.
- 1-2 Yellow Onions Small can be roasted whole, halve med to roast..
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Nutmeg Dash
- Red Pepper Ground Red
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 oz. Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Apple Butter Unsweetened
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds Roasted, low or no salt added
- Roast the quartered butternut squash and onion in a 350° oven for 1 hour or until soft when squeezed — Peel squash and onion and blend in a high-speed blender along with remaining ingredients until it reaches your desired consistency. Top each bowl with a sprinkle of roasted pumpkin seeds to serve.
Nutrition values are estimates.
I love to garnish with sprouted, dehydrated, low-salt Pumpkin Seeds such as Harvested For You.
To Create a creamy version of Plant Based Butternut Squash Soup, add 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup plain plant milk before blending.