I have been buying sprouted whole grain wraps while I contemplate how to make them with very little flour so they remain moist and delicious. I had an “aha” moment recently and got right to work. You can make the best wraps at home. These will not disappoint!
The Spicy Sprouted Whole Grain and Seed Wrap is a moist, whole food, deliciously thin bread wrap. The flavor is outstanding, and the recipe is easy. The success is in the technique. You will love this recipe!
Spicy Sprouted Whole Grain and Seed Wrap are similar to my basic Sprouted Whole Grain and Seed Wrap recipe in that I use sprouted whole grain flour but has a lentil and bean base rather than a potato base. Sprouted whole grain flour is digested much easier than regular whole wheat or white flour and, according to King Arthur Flour, sprouting unlocks valuable nutrients. Nuts.com goes on to say “Sprouted grains have increased proteins, vitamins, and vital nutrients. Sprouted grains may contain 10 to 20 times more nutrients than processed grains.” Who wouldn’t love that?
I have purchased Sprouted Whole Grain Flour through King Arthur.com and Nuts.com if unavailable at my local grocer. Sprouted Whole Grain Flour is not bitter like regular whole wheat flour so there is no need to add white flour. The technique I use allows me to create a moist dough without extra flour to prevent sticking.
Enjoy the satisfying bread flavor and whole food goodness! The Spicy Sprouted Whole Grain and Seed Wrap makes a delicious crust for the Perfect Little Pizza too. Just toast both sides before adding your toppings. Perfect! Happy Baking!
- 1 Cup Sprouted Whole Grain Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Red Lentils
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Beans I used navy beans.
- 1/4 Cup Plant Milk
- 2 Tsp Sesame Seeds Toasted
- 1 Tsp Flax Meal
- 1 Tsp Sriracha Hot sauce, 1 Tsp or more to taste
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Preheat Oven to °400.
- Blend the beans, lentils, plant milk, and Sriracha in a blender until smooth.
- Add the flour, sesame seeds, flax meal, and salt to a mixing bowl. Add the blended ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into four 1/2 cup portions and roll each into a ball.
- Place one ball of dough between two sheets of parchment paper. With a rolling pin, roll on top of the parchment to flatten the dough. Flip the dough and parchment, straighten the parchment until smooth if possible, continue rolling until you reach the desired thickness for your wrap. The dough will stick to the parchment.
- Place parchment with the dough in a °400 oven. Bake 5 minutes, flip, and bake another 3 minutes. Remove from the oven. Peel away the parchment. Store the baked wraps in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Are We Connected?
Contact me @lifeseasoned.com
Subscribe to the blog to receive each new post. Join Life Seasoned on Facebook and Life Seasoned Plant Based on Instagram as well as the Life Seasoned board on Pinterest. See you there!