The Sprouted Whole Grain and Seed Wrap includes just a few ingredients. It is quick to prepare and bake. Fill the wrap with your favorite veggies or toast both sides after baking to use as the crust of the Perfect Little Pizza.
Making thin tasty wraps is easy. I’ll show you how. The puzzle is how to make a thin, moist, bread wrap that is pliable but not crepe-like in texture without adding oil or extra flour to keep it from sticking. Well, I have your answer. This technique solves that sticky problem.
You will appreciate the simplicity as well as the flavor of freshly baked wraps. This recipe satisfies the craving for fresh bread with the bonus of using easily digestible sprouted whole grain flour and whole-food ingredients. King Arthur Flour states that sprouting releases additional nutrients. I have purchased Sprouted Whole Grain Flour through King Arthur Baking.com and Nuts.com when it’s unavailable at my local market.
I have a version for the spice lover too. Check out this recipe for Spicy Sprouted Whole Grain and Seed Wraps. It has a slightly different blend of ingredients but remains moist and flavorful without the use of oil.
I hope you try them both! Enjoy!
- 1 Cup Sprouted Whole Grain Flour
- 1 Cup Mashed Potatoes unsalted
- 1/4 Cup Plant Milk unsweetened
- 2 Tsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- 1 Tsp Flax Meal
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to °400. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Divide into 4 half-cup portions and roll into a ball.
- Place a ball of dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll the dough. Flip the dough and parchment, smooth the parchment if possible and continue to roll. Flip again and smooth the parchment. Continue to roll until the desired thickness. The dough will stick to the parchment but will release while baking.
- Place rolled dough along with parchment on the top and bottom into the preheated °400 oven. Bake for 5 minutes, flip over and continue to bake another 3 minutes. Remove and peel away the parchment.
- Store in a sealed container and refrigerate to maintain moisture.
Contact me @lifeseasoned.com
Join me on Facebook and Instagram!
Cheers! ~Take Care~