One of the simplest, non-guilty whole food plant based pleasures of the summer is fruit sorbet. The Vanilla Banana Sorbet with Cherry Basil Balsamic reduction is a decadent treat. Simple and satisfying.
To create the perfect sorbet, I did not add any liquid to the frozen banana slices other than the vanilla extract. Take the time to blend and continuously scrape the sides of the blender container. Once the bananas are beautifully creamy, use a little cookie dough scoop to make the little scoops. Refreeze the scoops on a plate for a few minutes, until nicely stable. Then arrange in your bowl and top with the Cherry Basil Balsamic Reduction. This dessert is worthy of serving to your guests. Most importantly, it’s a healthy treat for you to enjoy any time.
The Cherry Basil Balsamic Reduction is a versatile creation. It is fabulous on the Vanilla Banana Sorbet but equally delicious on the savory Beet Basil Salad. Top your slice of Sprouted Whole Grain Bread or dress you favorite sandwich or wrap. It is a delicious and healthy addition to any dish.
- 4 Cups Banana Frozen slices
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Blend all of the frozen banana slices and vanilla in a high speed blender until smooth. You may need to stop to scrape the container occasionally to blend to a creamy smooth consistency.
- The sorbet can be served immediately or prepare small scoops and refreeze before serving.
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar Aged, No Additives
- 1/8 Cup Basil Fresh Leaves, chopped
- 12 Cherries Fresh or Frozen, Ripe, Sweet, Pitted
- Rinse, dry, and pit the cherries. Cut in half. Rinse, dry, and chop Basil.
- Add all ingredients to a small pan. Heat on med heat until it reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to med-low and continue to simmer until it is reduced by half. About 2-3 mins. Stir occasionally. Check the reduction by tipping the pan slightly. When it leaves a glaze on the side of the pan and has reduced by half, remove from heat. Press the cherries gently with a spatula to infuse the balsamic with the cherry juice. Stir and refrigerate until ready to use.
Contact me @lifeseasoned.com
Join me on Facebook and Instagram.
Enjoy your day! ~Cheers~