Healthy Potato Salad
- 6 Medium Potatoes I used Klondike Rose, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 Small Yellow Onions Peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves Optional. Peeled, cut in half, and remove green sprout from the center.
- 2 Cups Garbanzo Beans Or fully cooked bean of your choice, rinsed and drained.
- 2 Cups Celery Cleaned and diced
- 12 Cups Arugula Washed and dried.
- 1 Cup Dill Pickles Diced
- 6 Green Onions Diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Dill Fresh, chopped
- Salt and Pepper To taste or salt-free seasoning of your choice. I used Penzey's Sunny Spain Salt-Free Seasoning.
Cashew Mustard Dressing
- 1 Cup Cashews Raw
- 1 Whole Lemon Juiced
- 1/2 Cup Mustard I used Koops Spicey Brown. Avoid added sugar.
- Water Just enough to blend and create a thick, smooth consistency.
Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Cut into bite-sized pieces leaving the peel intact. Peel the onions and cut into bite-sized pieces. Peel the garlic, cut in half. Remove any green sprouts that have developed in the center. Arrange potatoes, onions, and garlic in the center of a piece of foil. Season with salt and pepper or a salt-free seasoning of your choice.
Wrap the foil up and over the vegetables creating a sealed packet by rolling the edges. Roast @350 for 45-60 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through. Refrigerate to cool.
Cashews for 2-3 minutes in enough water to cover. Drain.
Add cashews to high-speed blender along with the juice of one lemon and the roasted garlic from the foil packet. Add just enough water to blend while maintaining a thick but smooth consistency. Remove the prepared cashews dressing from the blender and add to a bowl. Add the prepared mustard and blend together.
Assemble the Healthy Potato Salad by combining all of the vegetables except the arugula. Stir in the Cashew Mustard Dressing. Serve on individual beds of arugula
If you plan on preparing and refrigerating this salad rather than serving right away, reserve a portion of the dressing to add prior to serving.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 1182mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1083IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 4mg