- 1 Large Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Large Green Pepper Diced
- 3 Cups Celery Chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 3 Cups Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Cups Black Beans Cooked
- 2 Cups Pinto Beans Cooked
- 15 oz Chili Beans Canned, Kidney
- 15 oz Diced Tomatoes Canned
- 20 oz Ro*tel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies 2 Cans
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Adds heat - optional)
- 2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (Adds heat - optional)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper Diced (Remove seeds to reduce heat)
- Lemon or Lime,Fresh, washed and sliced
Combine all ingredients except lemon or lime and simmer for 30 minutes or until the celery is cooked to taste. If you are unsure about the amount of spicy heat to add, err on the side of caution because the Ro*tel is somewhat spicy already.
After ladling into a bowl, add a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime before serving. Mmmm~Yum.
I have not included salt to taste, as the canned items usually contain a high amount of salt. If you would like to reduce salt further, choose the low sodium canned options where possible.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 691mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 857IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3mg