- 4 Jalapeño Peppers minced ( remove seeds and membrane to reduce heat)
- 4 Serrano Peppers minced (remove seeds and membrane to reduce heat)
- 1 Red Pepper Seeded, Small Dice
- 1 Green Pepper Seeded, Small Dice
- 4 Roma Tomatoes Diced (I chose Romas, but you can use any flavorful tomato you would like. Romas are a dry tomato. Other varieties will add extra juice to your chili)
- 1 C. Corn cooked
- ½ C. Red Onion Small Dice
- 4 Green Onions Small Dice
- ½ C. Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Can Chili Beans Drain just a bit off of the top of the can (I used Black Chili Beans just out of habit. Choose your favorite.)
- 1 Can Beans Rinsed and Drained (I chose Black-eyed peas due to their soft texture)
- 1 Can Green Chilies
- 3 C. Tomato Juice
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 TBS Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 TBS Dried Mexican Oregano
Cook the corn and set aside to cool.
To prepare corn on the cob: First remove several husk layers, leaving two or more layers on the cob along with the silk. Microwave corn on the cob for 3 minutes, turning after 1.5 minutes. Remove the hot cob with oven mitt or towel. Slightly peel back the top of the husk and pull up on the silk which should remove almost all silk in one pull. Remove the remaining husk altogether. Finish by standing the cob up on one end and with a sharp knife, cut down the cob to remove the corn.
Gently warm the spices in a pan on low.
Add the warm spices to the tomato juice and set aside.
Prepare the fresh vegetables by washing, dicing, and chopping.
Drain just the top liquid from the chili beans.
Drain and rinse 2nd can of beans
Mix all ingredients and refrigerate to chill. Enjoy!
*To reduce sodium, choose low or no sodium canned goods.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 527mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1638IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg